Performs specialized laboratory tests to determine performance characteristics of well construction and completion materials, including cements, drilling fluids, spacers, lost circulation materials, stimulation materials, and resins for such purposes as quality control, process control, or product development.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Conduct independent testing in the laboratory within established scope and guidelines of research, field, and engineering projects.
- Set up, adjust, and operate laboratory equipment and instruments such as balances, mixers, consistometers, ultrasonic cement analyzers, fluid loss testers, rheometers/viscometers, and other equipment. Test materials such as cement, silica, organic polymers (synthetic and natural), bentonite, barite, organic and mineral acids, oils and organic solvents, and surfactants.
- Record test results on standardized forms. Write test reports describing procedures used. Prepare charts and graphs.
- Clean laboratory equipment. Perform calibration of and preventative and remedial maintenance on laboratory instruments.
Research & Development II- Lab
- Independently perform tests using standard procedures for density, thickening time, rheology, fluid loss, free fluid, compressive strength, and static gel strength.
- Independently prepare test specimens and apparatuses for non-standard performance testing of cements and other materials.
- Test samples of manufactured products to verify conformity to specifications.
Additional Skills Required:
- Must be a self-motivated, creative and collaborative person.
- High level reasoning is required and ability to learn and understand basics of chemistry.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, advanced interpersonal and organizational skills, and exceptional computer skills including Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Must have excellent time management skills.
- Must possess outstanding negotiating skills.
- Must be able to take initiative, work independently and have a positive attitude.
- Minimum of two years of related experience preferred.
- Associate’s degree is preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
Additional Training Required:
- Database training.
- Product training completed by supplier over a specific period of time.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand (75%) and occasionally sit (25%).
- The employee is occasionally expected to lift, move and carry material weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Must follow and adhere to all applicable Personal protective equipment guidelines.
- Most job duties will be performed in a temperature controlled lab environment.
If interested, please send your resume to email@example.com and reference this specific position in the subject line.
All applicants must pass a pre-employment drug screening and a criminal background check before employment can begin.
No phone inquiries, please. Riteks, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.