Must thrive in a fast-paced environment and remain committed to solution sales, technical support and exceptional customer service. Responsible for Technical Outside Sales of all Construction Chemicals specializing in concrete admixtures.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
Sales- Construction Chemicals
- Identify prospective customers by internet research, business directories, following leads from existing clients, participating in organizations/clubs, and attending trade shows/ conferences.
- Qualify new accounts by phone as targets and generate interest for introductory meetings during initial phone conversations.
- Understand and promote new products and technologies through routine supplier training and customer discussions.
- Support marketing activities by attending trade shows and participating in other marketing and industry training events.
- Communicate with entire sales team on successes, issues, new applications, market trends and competitive information.
- Continue to enhance product knowledge for value added selling.
- Build and foster a network of referrals to create new opportunities for revenue growth.
- Maintain professionalism, tact and sensitivity to portray the company in a positive manner.
Product and Technical Support -Construction Chemicals
- Provide pre-sales technical assistance and product education and after-sales support services effectively and on time.
- Meet with customers over the phone, e-mail or on-site to assist on the technical aspects of performance of how our products meet client’s needs.
- Emphasize product features and benefits based on technical knowledge of product abilities and limitations.
- Assist customers with concrete mix designs using Riteks Construction Chemicals.
Account management- Construction Chemicals
- Prepare call reports for all relevant sales calls in order to summarize customer meetings for suppliers and upper management reporting.
- Maintain internal database reporting systems for samples and target account progress.
- Communicate market information to R & D and procurement departments for suppliers and customers.
- Generate sales proposals, review research options and request quotes for outsourced components of projects or custom projects.
- Weekly travel is required to visit customers and new prospective accounts.
Additional Skills Required:
- Must be a self-motivated, creative and collaborative person.
- High level reasoning is required and ability to learn and understand basics of chemistry.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, advanced interpersonal and organizational skills, and exceptional computer skills including Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Must have excellent time management skills.
- Must possess outstanding negotiating skills.
- Must be able to take initiative, work independently and have a positive attitude.
- Minimum of five years of related experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in a science-related field; preferably Chemistry/Biology or Engineering preferred.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience working in related concrete field.
- Must possess ACI certification (American Concrete Institute Field Testing certification) and maintain it accordingly.
Additional Training Required:
- Database training.
- Admixture product line training.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit (75%) and occasionally stand or walk (25%).
- The employee is occasionally expected to lift, move and carry material weighing up to 50 lbs unassisted.
- Must follow and adhere to all applicable Personal protective equipment guidelines.
- Salary Plus Quarterly Commission – Overtime Exempt.
- Company Vehicle Provided or Vehicle Allowance
- Standard Company Benefits
- Pay & vacation commensurate with experience
- Computer and other required office equipment provided
If interested, please send your resume to email@example.com and reference this specific position in the subject line.
All applicants must pass a pre-employment drug screening and a criminal background check before employment can begin.
No phone inquiries, please. Riteks, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.