Takes the lead role in order to produce various products, while following safe and efficient handling of materials, production flow methods, inventory and quality control. Requires proper, safe and efficient use of various mixing and blending equipment. Requires properly following detailed manufacturing instructions and quality control functions to ensure products meets all specified requirements. Requires accurate documentation of processes and materials as specified. Requires the ability to convey materials and items from receiving areas to storage or to other designated areas by hand, hand truck, or forklift.
Shipping and Receiving
Requires knowledge of correct shipping and receiving procedures for truckload, LTL, small parcel, etc. Must have an understanding and the ability to implement all governmental regulations including but not limited to all modes of freight transportation and OSHA requirements. Requires the ability to convey and handle materials and items from receiving areas to storage or to other designated areas by hand, hand truck, or forklift in observance of all standard safety practices while efficiently performing essential functions.
Primary duties and responsibilities (Required Competency): Manufacturing
- Plan the flow of production to maximize efficiency.
- Assist in implementation of programs to address problems related to production, materials, safety, or quality.
- Inspect production processes.
- Conduct quality control tests to ensure consistent production quality.
- Observe all standard safety practices while efficiently performing essential functions.
- Assist in the preventative and daily maintenance of all equipment used.
- Must follow and adhere to all applicable Personal Protective Equipment guidelines.
- Must be able to understand and implement proper handling procedures as specified by product Safety Data Sheets.
Secondary duties and responsibilities (Required Competency): Shipping and Receiving
Shipping and Receiving
- Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves, bins or assigned area according to predetermined sequence.
- Marks materials with identifying information, using stencil, crayon, or other marking device.
- Loads and unloads trucks.
- Counts, packs, marks, weighs, and stages for outbound shipment. Prepares outbound freight with correct labels and markings to meet applicable regulations including RF scanner inventory functions.
- Compares incoming shipments to receiving documents to assure all items received. Prepares bill of ladings, shipping documents and all other pertinent documents to ensure compliance with applicable regulations.
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 2 or more years of previous experience in a manufacturing, shipping, receiving, or warehouse environment are a requirement for this position.
- A valid Driver License is required.
- 2 or more years of previous experience in a hazardous environment is a major plus.
- Forklift certification is a plus.
- Strong knowledge related to safe material handling practices.
Additional Training Required:
- Must be able to pass all Government and Company certification requirements for the safe handling of Hazardous material.
- Must be able to pass our company Forklift certification specific exam.
- Manufacturing procedures.
- Emergency Preparedness.
Additional Skills Required:
- Demonstrate good problem solving skills.
- Exhibit high quality attention to detail
- Ability to work independently.
- Outstanding work ethic and focus on quality work.
- Strong knowledge related to safe material practices.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Operate up to a 5 ton forklift and other material handling equipment.
- Predictable and regular attendance is expected.
- Must be able to function as a team member and establish effective working relationships with others.
If interested, please send your resume to email@example.com and reference this specific position in the subject line.
All applicants must pass a pre-employment drug screening and a criminal background check before employment can begin.
No phone inquiries, please. Riteks, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.